Environmental Services Aide; Per Diem
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To perform cleaning functions in assigned areas to help maintain the hospital in a aseptic condition.
- 1. Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas following correct procedures.
- 2. Follows all safety procedures as pertains to all federal and local safety standards and according to hospital and department procedures
- 3. Contributes to the efficient communication and cooperation inside and outside the department.
- 4. Uses all cleaning supplies according to established procedures .
- 5. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
High school or equivalent.
Entry level position. Floor care experience a plus.
Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must be able to follow oral instructions. One (1) month
Normal hospital conditions Stands, walks most of the day. Climbs stairs, turns, kneels, stoops, crouches, reaches. pushes, pulls and handles cleaning equipment and supplies. Lifts and carries light to 20 pounds of equipment and linen.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top