To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of electrical activities involving and working with voltages up to 15K. Work involves the installation, service and maintenance of electrical distribution systems, fire alarm systems, energy management and security systems, capital construction work, communication systems, control systems and corrective maintenance work orders.
- 1. Lays out, installs, services and maintains the fire alarm system to ensure that it is in working order at all times.
- 2. Lays out, installs, services and maintains the electrical distribution system at Yale New Haven Hospital and affiliated facilities to ensure proper operation.
- 3. Lays out, installs, services and maintains the security system and the electrical portions of the Building Energy Management System to ensure proper and reliable operation.
- 4. Performs in house electrical construction projects in accordance with required code practices.
- 5. Lays out, installs, and maintains wiring on all communication systems in the hospital complex to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- 6. Installs, repairs, maintains and troubleshoots a variety of Corrective Maintenance Work Order assignments to meet code standards throughout the hospital facilities.
- 7. Lays out, installs, services and maintains control systems throughout the hospital complex to ensure proper functioning.
- 8. General responsibilities for electrical personnel.
- 9. Demonstrates knowledge through daily use of safety policies and procedures, including Material Safety Data Sheets, asbestos abatement and electrical safety procedures per applicable codes.
Position requires high school plus training equivalent to a State approved apprenticeship program.
Three (3) to five (5) years experience with a E2 License in various electrical installation activity.
Journeyman E2 License
Must possess the physical capacity to complete the task required by this electrical position.
Back to top