To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Places holter monitor and analyzes recordings, performs exercise tests, acquires eletrocardiograms and signal averaged ekg's. Provides assistance to secretary and general office functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Performs exercise tests.
- 1.1 Explains procedures throughout test as observed by patient and supervisor.
- 2. Places holter monitors and analyzes recordings.
- 2.1 Prepares patients for recording and explains use of diary in accordance with department protocol as observed by supervisor.
- 3. Acquires resting 12 lead eletrocardiogram.
- 3.1 Responds to EKG requests in a timeframe appropriate for individual request as observed by supervisor and medical staff.
- 4. Plans and/or implements care for assigned patients.
- 4.1 Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages from adolescence to old age and applies development theories/concepts when planning and implementing care for the adult patient as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 5. Provides coverage for others as required.
- 5.1 Assumes role of person in charge exhibiting professionalism and leadership as observed by staff.
- 6. Performs other duties as assigned and required.
- 6.1 Strives to continually improve the quality of patient care by promoting effective communication as indicated by patient feedback and supervisory observation.
- 7. Completes non-therapeutic functions under the direction of MD, PA, APRN or RN.
- 7.1 Remove medication(s) from the pneumatic tube system sent from the Pharmacy or Hospital Supply to the unit/patient care area.
3 years minimum experience in related cardiac fields.
Knowledge of EKG and Cardiac Arrhythmias, stress test and holter scanning required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk.The employee must frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and the risk of electrical shock.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top