ED TECH. II
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Serves as a clinical resource and team leader. Performs selected patient care services and assists other care providers under the direction of the R.N.. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Demonstrates advanced skill in observing and communicating patient needs.
- 1.1 Consistently identifies changes in patient's condition and communicates significant observations to the nurse in a timely fashion as indicated by report to the nurse.
- 2. Demonstrates advanced skill in providing direct patient care.
- 2.1 Accepts report on assigned patients and demonstrates understanding as evidenced by her/his communication.
- 3. Performs decentralized laboratory testing as credentialed.
- 3.1 Appropriately collects specimen and performs test following established policy and procedure as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Demonstrates initiative to complete non-therapeutic functions independently.
- 4.1 Follows correct procedure in performing non-therapeutic functions as observed by supervisor.
- 5. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in daily performance of role.
- 5.1 Relocates and rotates to meet patient care needs as observed by supervisor.
- 6. Completes non-therapeutic functions under the direction of MD, PA, APRN or RN.
- 6.1 Remove medication(s) from the pneumatic tube system sent from the Pharmacy or Hospital Supply to the unit/patient care area.
High school diploma or equivalent. Certified Nursing Assistant/EMT/Cert. Medical Response Tech./ Certified Clinical Medical Asst./ Sr. Nursing Student, LPN.
Minimum of one year EDT experience; must maintain standard hours of 24 or more per week.
Prior evaluation score must equal 89 points or better, * No more than 4 occurrences of sick time and/or tardiness in the calendar year.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are also required to stand and walk. Must be able to assist with pushing/pulling/lifting patients up to 75 pounds. If the lifting required exceeds 75 pounds and the patient is not ambulatory, assistance form other staff members must be obtained. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Back to top