ED TECH. I
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs selected patient care services and assists other care providers under the direction of the R.N.. Documents care on patient flow sheets. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Demonstrates skill in observing and communicating patient needs.
- 1.1 Identifies changes in patient's condition and communicates significant observations to the nurse in a timely fashion asIndicated by report to the nurse.
- 2. Demonstrates skill in providing direct patient care.
- 2.1 Accepts report on assigned patients and demonstrates understanding as evidenced by her/his communication.
- 3. Performs decentralized laboratory testing as credentialed.
- 3.1 Appropriately collects specimen and performs test following established policy and procedure 100% of the time as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Completes non-therapeutic functions as assigned by NM/designee.
- 4.1 Follows correct procedure in performing non-therapeutic functions as observed by supervisor.
- 5. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in daily performance of role.
- 5.1 Relocates and rotates to meet patient care needs as observed by supervisor.
- 6. Completes skills checklist.
High school diploma or equivalent. Certified Nursing Assistant/EMT/Certified Medical Response Technician/Certified Clinical Medical Asst./Nursing Student, LPN.
Good interpersonal skills. Successful completion of orientation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are also required to stand and walk. Must be able to assist with pushing/pulling/lifting patients up to 75 pounds. If the lifting required exceeds 75 pounds and the patient is not ambulatory, assistance form other staff members must be obtained. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top