To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the HVC Manager and/or Assistant Chief Technologist, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality Ultrasound images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the cardiologist. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures., Promotes service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Key Behaviors in the YNHH Core Success Factors. To meet the staffing needs of the department, as necessary, Heart and Vasculary staff may be assigned at any of the YNHH HVC locations, regardless of your regularly assigned work location.
- 1. Performs quality and efficient ultrasound imaging in order to assist with patient's diagnostic work-up
- 1.1 Follows routine protocols and/or physicians specific prescriptions. Repeat of examinations due to non-compliance is minimal as observed by manager / physician review.
- 2. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure patient cooperation, safety and satisfaction.
- 2.1 Identifies patients accurately 100% of the time according to departmental policy as observed by supervisor or other hospital staff.
- 3. Performs various record-keeping functions in order to ensure goals of the department are met and operation runs efficiently.
- 3.1 Demonstrates a mastery of end user computer skills of the PAC's by accurately and independently performing related tasks such as exam scheduling, completion, document scanning etc.
- 4. Participates in various teaching and/or learning opportunities in order to further his/her own personal knowledge and to assist in the expanding the knowledge of others.
- 4.1 Maintains active professional registration/certification and provides documentation as recorded by coordinator/manager.
- 5. Employee follows established safety precautions and procedures in the performance of all duties in order to ensure a safe environment.
- 5.1 Operates equipment and performs job related duets in a safe manner, following all procedures, with no more than one non-serious variance in the evaluation period.
Required to meet one of the following: Graduate of an accredited (CAAHEP) School of Diagnostic Sonography., Graduate of an accredited Allied Health program with an additional requirement of 12 months of full time Diagnostic Medical Sonography instruction., Graduate of Bachelor's program with an additional requirement of 12 months of full time Diagnostic Medical Sonography instruction.
Demonstrated technical skills to meet entry level standards of routine sonography.
RDMS, RDCS, RVT or CCI required.
Proficient in routine cardiac or vascular ultrasound imaging techniques, above average knowledge of computer / Pacs applications, and good organizational and communication/customer service skills.
Must be able to lift (patient transfers) and push 40 lbs (portable US equipment).
Back to top