Director Psychiatric Nursing
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Serves as the direct link between YNHH executive leadership and the managers and staff on the patient care teams. Achieves superior clinical and financial outcomes and attains performance management goals for Patient Services with a focused effort on patient, physician and staff satisfaction. Responds to market and environmental forces, which have a significant impact on the delivery of acute care services. Develops an effective response to these forces in all clinical areas. Collaborates with others to achieve the Hospital's strategic mission and objectives
- 1. Overall responsibilities:
- 1.1 Through exceptional leadership, innovation and commitment, develops a team of highly skilled managers and staff who work together to achieve Patient Services goals.
- 2. Unit Objectives:
- 2.1 Works directly with the Patient Services Managers to assure the delivery of safe, high quality patient centered care.
- 3. Fiscal Management
- 3.1 Develops and manages a department budget to ensure the delivery of cost-effective, safe, quality care.
- 4. Human Resources Management
- 4.1 Provides leadership to patient services management and staff in a collaborative environment that offers job satisfaction, recognition, and career development.
- 5. Organizational Leadership
- 5.1 Leads department-centered interdisciplinary initiatives.
- 6. Customer Satisfaction
- 6.1 Ensures that departmental staff is held accountable for achieving patient satisfaction goals.
- 7. Outcomes Management
- 7.1 Achieves customer service/satisfaction goals and provides leadership in establishing new expectations and resolving any negative trends.
- 8. KEY INTERFACES
- 8.1 The Director of Patient Services interacts primarily with the following external interfaces: ? Physicians ? Patients ? Families The Director of Patient Services interacts secondarily with the following external interfaces: ? Professional Counterparts ? Vendors/Suppliers ? Educational and Regulatory Organizations The Director of Patient Services interacts primarily with the following internal interfaces: ? Patient Services Manager ? Staff in Assigned Functional Areas ? Off Shift Administrators ? Other Directors of Patient Services ? Division Executives The Director of Patient Services interacts secondarily with the following internal interfaces. ? Non-Division Directors ? Other Hospital Staff
- 9. DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- 9.1 Directors of Patient Services have the authority to execute the vision, objectives and strategies consistent with the Hospital's mission and policy. They determine how resources are deployed within their areas of responsibility and they determine the need for additional resources where indicated.
Relevant Master's Degree, graduate of an accredited baccalaureate program and current Connecticut State RN licensure and/or eligibility for Connecticut State licensure required.
Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated successful leadership/management experience in an acute care setting. Academic medical center experience preferred.
Exceptional customer relations skills; ability to build relationships in a complex environment
Psychiatric experience required. Must have a strong knowledge of regulatory requirements related to acute care psychiatric facilities and psychiatric nursing
Back to top