To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The dietetic technician assists the dietitian in the nutritional management and care of patients throughout the life cycle. The dietetic technician's focus is to assure optimal nourishment based on medical and age specific needs, and patients'personal preferences through the translation of the science of nutrition and the study of food into clinical applications.
- 1. Demonstrates effective organizational skills to ensure the smooth functioning of dietary service by adhering to established standards of obtaining patient selections and following script.
- 1.1 Follows script and demonstrates appropriate customer service skills as evidenced by PI monitors.
- 2. Demonstrates effective organizational skills to ensure the smooth functioning of dietary service by adhering to established standards of processing patient selections efficiently.
- 2.1 Processes meal selections in an efficient and accurate manner, achieving standard for average patient selection call length per meal period, demonstrating ability to prioritize patient demands, and excellent customer service skills as evidenced by PI monitors.
- 3. Demonstrates effective organizational and communication skills to ensure the smooth functioning of dietary service by adhering to established standards of time management in the Call Center.
- 3.1 Properly adheres to time constraints with phone use and achieves standards in regards to time spent in not ready mode.
- 4. Demonstrates effective technical skills to ensure that patients receive meals which incorporate personal preferences, dietary restrictions and age-specific needs. Demonstrates accuracy in reviewing/verifying diet orders, updating computerized patient kardex, and following early and late check procedures.
- 4.1 Accurately corrects patient menu selections via computerized diet system, taking into account therapeutic restrictions, space limitations, menu glossary guidelines, age-specific needs, and patient preferences with >90% accuracy.
- 5. Actively participates in inservice and applicable training programs to remain current in professional knowledge and clinical skills as evidenced by maintaining American Dietetic Association registration through the accumulation of CE credits.
- 5.1 Attends all scheduled inservices obtaining >85% on evaluations or attends Journal Clubs or other arranged sessions, as monitored by supervisor.
AS degree from an accredited dietetic technician program or BS in food and nutrition (may be in process), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Registered dietetic technician preferred.
Excellent interpersonal (both oral and written) communication skills required. Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner required. Must possess a working knowledge of medical nutrition therapy and food service operations to ensure patients receive safe and appropriate food and nutrition services. Ability to use computers for computerized diet order entry and menu systems required.
No special conditions.
Back to top