DEVELPMNT OFFICER MAJOR GIFTS
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for a prospect list of 125 to 250. Personally develops and implements strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals for support of the hospital - primarily capital campaign, programmatic, and endowment according to the institution's current priorities. Participates as a member of the Development team and will support events and prepare written materials. May give tours and presentations. Reports to a Sr. Development Officer (or Vice President-Development).
- 1. Personally cultivates and solicits individual major gift prospects for Hospital priority needs, including capital campaigns, endowment, as well as additional clinical and programmatic priorities.
- 1.1 Identifies major and special gift prospects from the Hospital's existing donor base as well as from independent identification, relationship building, and stewardship.
- 2. Works closely with his/her Service Line Administrator and clinical leadership to create a comprehensive Development Program to advance the priorities of the Service Line and, in turn, the Hospital. Coordinates activity with the Directors of the Annual Fund, Planned Giving, Institutional Giving, Development Operations and Patient Services, and Gift Club Coordinator to realize the Service Line's full philanthropic potential.
- 2.1 Works consistently to gain a firm grasp of the Service Line, Hospital, and their programs and plans.
- 3. Creates and nurtures good relationships with volunteers, including Trustees, Development Committee members, business and community leaders, professional advisors, and other interested parties.
- 4. Performs other miscellaneous job duties as required.
- 5. Plans and implements donor interaction for all prospects on his/her list for all phases of the development cycle including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- 6. Provides broad based assistance to more senior development staff in support of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- 7. Develops, writes, prepares and disseminates donor correspondence, and writes and/or assists in the design, production, and distribution of letters, solicitation proposals, web pages, case statements and other fundraising materials as appropriate.
- 8. Plans, coordinates, staffs and facilitates fundraising events and activities as assigned.
- 9. Has knowledge of the hospital, its programs and plans. Creates and nurtures good relationships with volunteers and key members of hospital staff.
- 10. Coordinates and staffs the activities of volunteers and committees/boards engaged in fundraising activities as appropriate.
- 11. Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Three (3) to five (5) years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be a self- starter, analytical, and well-organized. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include Word. Knowledge of Excel and Raiser's Edge software desirable.
This position requires 5 or more years of experience in fund raising with a proven track record. Experience working with Raisers Edge is desirable.
Back to top