To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Will develop, organize and direct communications and event initiatives whose purpose is to raise annual philanthropic support for the hospital. This includes a broad range of activities, including but not limited to: publications, direct mail fundraising campaigns, general communications, solicitation and recognition strategies, and special events. As a front line fund-raising professional, the Development Coordinator will contribute to bottom line fundraising efforts by providing logistical support for all aspects of department communications and annual giving.
- 1. Provide input and direction for conception, implementation and coordination of the annual giving direct mail program
- 1.1 Assist in the planning and execution process for creating new and compelling donor retention and acquisition direct mail programs to increase unrestricted funding for the hospital, improve donor retention and increase donor acquisition..
- 2. Develop and manage project plans for all development, fundraising and communications pieces
- 2.1 Provide pertinent, current story ideas for all areas of the hospital and service lines and conduct necessary background research.
- 3. Assist in the management of internal and external fundraising events.
- 3.1 Represent the hospital/department and assist in cultivation of donors at various internal and external events.
- 4. Additional fundraising responsibilities
- 4.1 Manage requests for fundraising events, press releases, etc from Department's general email address.
- 5. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
Three plus years of experience with marketing/communications or publication coordination required. Development, copywriting, and direct mail experience preferred. Knowledge of event coordination and execution helpful.
Thorough understanding of the development process, particularly annual giving. In-depth knowledge of direct mail process, newsletter publication and vendor management. Ability to review/proofread department communications for accuracy and grammar. Willingness conduct research for story ideas. Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of fundraising software/database. Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of administration, staff and benefactors. Well-organized, attentive to detail, able to work in a face-paced environment. Commitment to the mission of Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Back to top