Department Secretary - Peds Sub-Specialty; Part Time
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provide both clinical and administrative support to Dr. Porto and ensure flow and organization of a growing pediatric gastroenterology practice.
- 1. Book all patient office appointments and procedures (endoscopies, lactose breath tests, remicade)
- 2. Communicate with YNHHS about changes to Dr. Porto's schedule to ensure proper scheduling of patients.
- 3. Obtain precertification from insurance companies.
- 4. Maintain Dr. Porto's schedule for meetings, lectures, and monthly nursing education and path conferences.
- 5. Ensure patient flow on clinic days run efficiently from patient registration through check out.
- 6. Devise and maintain office organization systems.
- 7. Answer all phone calls from referring pediatricians and parents/patients
- 8. Responsible for proper triage of messages to nursing and medical staff
- 9. Collect copayments (to begin in July)
- 10. Create, arrange, and organize patient charts.
- 11. Assist nurses with medical necessity forms, school notes and other patient related paperwork.
- 12. Complete all paperwork for prior authorizationand work with nurses to obtain authorization.
- 13. File all consult notes and fax every follow-up note to referring provider within 24 hours of visit.
- 14. Organize public outreach by sending out letters to local pediatricians in Fairfield County and Westchester.
- 15. Administer lactose breath tests
High School Graduation
Three to five years in a healthcare setting
Moderate stress from assisting with programs.
May be exposed to infectious disease.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top