DENTAL PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Director, Specialty Programs, the Program Administrator has the overall responsibility to direct, coordinate and manage the daily operations of the dental program at Yale New Haven Hospital. Responsible for the coordination of services at all dental sites in alignment with Yale New Haven Hospital. Ensures that Dental Services within the span of control demonstrates superior outcome, provides seamless delivery of patient care, and maintains competitive cost structures. Responsible for monitoring of performance metrics and for the management of performance improvement projects and for compliance to regulatory standards at the Dental facilities within span of control.
- 1. Business Strategy and Implementation:
- 1.1 Recognize market trends, evaluate their impact on Dental Services, contribute to strategic plans, develop operational plans and ensure understanding, alignment and commitment of all staff within span of control.
- 2. Leadership:
- 2.1 Provides leadership and accomplish objectives through collaboration and innovation.
- 3. Patient Experience
- 3.1 Ensures that all staff are held accountable for adhering to patient experience standards.
- 4. Outcomes Management:
- 4.1 Ensure that desired clinical outcomes are achieved through cost effective and efficient processes
- 5. Fiscal and Operational Management
- 5.1 Oversees and develops systems to ensure accountability for Operations and managerial effectiveness.
- 6. Decision Making:
- 6.1 Formulates and educates program vision, goals and plans consistent with hospital strategies and policies
- 7. Key Interfaces:
- 7.1 Interacts primarily with the following external interfaces: physicians, dentist, patients and families and community leaders.
Baccalaureate Degree Required. Master?s Degree preferred.
At least seven years Program management experience and five years Dental experience required. Five to ten years outpatient clinical operations experience required.
Thorough knowledge of principles of organization, financial management, and human resource management .Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, technical, communication, customer service and operational skills. Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management and senior management. Management and self -direction expertise are required. Ability to manage and mentor staff and action teams to ensure positive outcomes. Demonstrated ability to direct a diverse work force at multiple sites of service. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities. Proven experience in working effectively with physicians and with medical leadership. Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of and proficient in the operation and use of computer -based information systems to facilitate all aspects of care delivery. Knowledgeable in budgeting and financing of operation units concepts. Knowledgeable of Quality Improvement processes, and capable of implementing concepts. Demonstrated ability to implement and support change required. Ability to interact professionally at all levels of management and deliver results in a team based environment
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top