Corporate Contracts Specialist I
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Corporate Contracts Specialist I, reporting to the Associate Director, Corporate Contracts, Yale New Haven Health System (YNHHS), will be responsible for identifying ideas as a result of their research combined with information provided by Supply Chain Analytics, vendors, GPO's, user groups, benchmarked purchase data, and CEC participants. Along with the Associate Director, this person may also take direction from Supply Chain leadership, the Senior Corporate Contract Specialist, and the Corporate Contract Specialist II to perform any or all of the following duties to facilitate the acquisition and contracting of goods and services for all entities of YNHHS. The Corporate Contracts Specialist I must be able to take direction and collaborate with various levels of Supply Chain and Hospital personnel to explore alternatives and participate in negotiations with vendors for the acquisition of various supplies and services. Following proper Procurement and Contracting policies, this work will focus on standardization, reduced/stable pricing, and the preparation of contract documents that protect the interest of all of the YNHHS entities. The collection of information, preparation of financial analysis, and project documentation is required for all products or services. The Corporate Contracts Specialist I must be able to handle assigned tasks with minimal supervision. The ability to change priorities dependent upon organizational need is also necessary.
Please note: This position is co-terminus with expected end date around July 2018.
- 1. Corporate Contracts Specialist I must be able to prepare and present detailed analysis of all project findings to project teams, CECs, committees, and groups.
- 2. Corporate Contracts Specialist I may provide information and/or analysis at monthly value analysis (CEC) meetings. This includes benchmarked spend data for each entity, the research of various options for cost savings available of those products. In conjunction with the project leader, this person may be required to prepare a separate cost/value analysis for each entity as well as for the system as a whole. This analysis details the present usage/costs as compared with the potential for reducing those costs as a result of change.
- 3. Corporate Contracts Specialist I will be responsible for distributed product contract administration, and the acquisition process for all entities of YNHHS. Assure the utilization of GPO contracts as appropriate utilizing current benchmarking system (eg, PriceLynx, ECRI) and internal spend information to obtain the greatest value for all entities.
- 4. Corporate Contracts Specialist I will be responsible for the administration of all contracts assigned in their area of responsibility. Responsible for monitoring contract compliance and responding to service level issues as identified by the Supply Chain personnel and entities of YNHHS.
- 5. Corporate Contracts Specialist I will encourage the sharing of information to help improve product purchases and/or utilization to achieve YNHHS goals.
- 6. Corporate Contracts Specialist I will identify opportunities at each site to promote increased utilization of system contract services and improve customer satisfaction.
- 7. Corporate Contracts Specialist I must be able to maintain a high tolerance for the changing environments and differing cultures at each site and be able to incorporate those site-specific changes and ambiguities into the overall negotiation and implementation plan as needed.
- 8. Corporate Contracts Specialist I may participate in the negotiation process with Senior Contract Specialist or individually with vendors to achieve the preferred financial results as well as the desired terms and conditions needed by each institution. Under the direction of others, be responsible for developing a formal Request for Proposal (RFP) that fulfills the requirements and incorporates all input from end users throughout YNHHS. Solicit and analyze RFP submittals in conjunction with overall YNHHS procedures and guidelines.
- 9. Corporate Contracts Specialist I may participate along with others in physician meetings to gain knowledge and information to include in the formal RFP process. This step is needed to gain consensus for physician preference product decisions.
- 10. Corporate Contracts Specialist I will be required to maintain current and complete documentation for each and every contract, agreement, and cost savings idea per department policy.
- 11. Corporate Contracts Specialist I will:
- 11.1 be responsible for learning, understanding, and navigating the GPO process and website. This includes the product standardization programs, product pricing, and tier structures.
College Degree preferred.
1 year experience in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management preferred, preferably within Healthcare. Experience with contracts, agreements, and negotiating with vendors is preferred. Experience collaborating with various levels of personnel to explore alternatives to acquisition of various supplies and services. Experience with Healthcare GPOs is also preferred.
Develop and maintain working relationships to collaborate with all hospital and YNHHS personnel. With direction from others be able to function autonomously in many cases to complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision. The ability to change priorities dependent upon organizational need is also necessary. Ability to conduct complex analysis in Excel, be proficient in Word and Power Point is preferred. Must communicate effectively.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top