COORDINATOR - APPLICATIONS
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under minimal direction, coordinates the efforts of other project team personnel, provides procedural guidance and assumes responsibility for achieving desired results. Is involved with project organization, cost estimating, milestone definition, and scheduling. Assists with the design lifecycle of programs requiring advanced technical knowledge and utilization of advanced programming and data base techniques. Competent to work at the highest technical level. Acts as project lead and first-line contact for ITS managers, computer operations personnel and project personnel during all phases of systems development.
- 1. Guides a team of analysts and/or programmers in the planning and development (and/or support) of automated and manual systems; provides project organization guidance to assist with analytical tasks and milestones. Provides input to supervisor on performance reviews for staff on assigned teams.
- 2. Evaluates requests for systems development and enhancement and their respective resource requirements. Assists management with coordination and organization of key stakeholders and resources.
- 3. In conjunction with the Lead Technical Analyst and management, develops project milestones and deliverables by defining phase content, estimating time and resource requirements.
- 4. Conducts needs analysis study, including evaluation of current environment (user and computer) by observation, interview, and examination of existing systems documentation, manual, forms, etc.
- 5. Participates with user and Lead Technical Analyst to define and document current and future business needs.
- 6. Assists management in assessing feasibility and cost benefits studies.
- 7. Documents specific design specifications. Participates with user in design of production and conversion plan to ensure smooth transition from current to new environment.
- 8. Develops test data and / or designs of test protocols.
- 9. Develops implementation plan and supports implementation process.
- 10. Assists in the development of user and ITS procedure manuals.
- 11. Monitors progress against plan and provides management reports as required.
- 12. Assists technical team and management in the development of plans for maintenance and development of assigned systems.
- 13. Analyzes and evaluates outside software; assists in preparation of recommendations for acquisition.
- 14. Participates in determining the nature and scope of project activities and processes to be developed or modified.
- 15. Arranges test data and coordinates test processing for newly developed systems under minimal direction of Applications Systems Supervisor. Coordinates trouble-shooting efforts when issues are identified for programs and systems.
- 16. Establishes and evaluates program efficiency by assisting in the analysis of performance and determining the accuracy of results. Oversees or develops procedure manuals. Reviews documentation submitted by team members before implementation.
- 17. Participates in the development of formal cost estimates, time and personnel to develop and/or modify systems.
- 18. Participates in the development of formal statements of expected performance of new or modified systems.
- 19. Performs job-related duties in conformance with ITS standards; may initiate standards.
- 20. Performs all duties and responsibilities in such a manner as to support the "I Am Yale-New Haven" service excellence program. Promotes positive and constructive working relationships within the department.
- 21. Performs other job related duties, as required.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines, or technical training and work related experience (courses in systems analysis and design, DBMS, screen design techniques, forms design, data gathering, oral and written communication).
Eight (8) years or more of experience in a variety of programming and analytical activities; at least four (4) years of analytical experience; on-line, real time and data base environment. Experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision and ability to deal with simultaneous tasks, communicate effectively, problem solve, and develop creative solutions to complex problems required . Demonstrated ability to work well under tight time constraints and manage time effectively. Ability to work effectively with limited supervision on projects with a small to mid-size scope. Strong organizational, problem solving and listening skills, attention to detail, innovative thinking and ability to inspire others required. Must possess a high level of customer service skills and participate as a strong collaborative team player. Candidate must be capable of taking a leadership role in managing end-user relationships.
Must be willing to travel to all YNHHS delivery networks and practice locations for support needs. 24x7 on call rotation support.
This position is currently in North Haven, CT, but is expected to move to Stratford, CT within the next 18 months. Any interested candidate must be willing to work in the Stratford, CT location in the near future.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top