To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To prepare cook and serve food in a clean and sanitary work environment
- 1. Prepares and cooks food for patients, cafeteria and special events, as assigned according to the daily production sheets.
- 2. Follows standardized recipes
- 3. Ensures that all food whether cooked or raw is handle according to proper procedures as established by the hospital, department and the state and local board of healths.
- 4. Cleans tables, tools and equipment after each use according to established guidelines.
- 5. Demonstrates effective time management by prioritizing work according to established schedule and emergencies
- 6. Utilizes all kitchen equipment in the proper manner according to established standards.
- 7. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
High School, one year culinary or trade school or equivalent.
Must be able to read write and speak English. Must be able to read a recipe and have experience cooking.
Standing, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying medium to heavy weight objects. Often works in hot humid conditions, occasionally very cold areas.
Back to top