CLINICAL MANAGER -Department of Surgery
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Clinical Program Manager is responsible for oversight and supervision of clinical operations and practices in outpatient practices and hospital sites, ensuring achievement of the YNHH strategic objectives and mission in the field ,patient service, teaching, research, and community service. Reporting to the Director and working in partnership with the Surgical Site Director , he/she ensures compliance with provider-based regulations, exceptional clinical standards of practice, and efficient and cost -effective operations, promotes a culture of safe and exemplary patient and family -centered care, and facilitates the conduct of community based-clinical research.
- 1. ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP
- 1.1 Serves as a visible leader to staff and physicians; holds self and others accountable for demonstrating YNHH core values.
- 2. OPERATIONS AND SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- 2.1 Ensure that desired clinical services are rendered through timely, coordinated, multidisciplinary, cost effective and efficient processes.
- 3. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- 3.1 Provides vision and leadership to staff in a collaborative environment that offers job satisfaction, recognition, and stimulates innovative thinking to accomplish goals and objectives.
- 4. FISCAL MANAGEMENT AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
- 4.1 Participates in development of and manages the network operating budget in a manner that ensures delivery of cost-effective, high quality care at clinical care sites through-out the YNHH Network.
- 5. OUTCOMES
- 5.1 Partners with SRC Surgical Site Director and other leadership staff to develop/implement systems for monitoring network site performance and ensuring adherence to established SRC Ambulatory Surgical Services standards of care.
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing required. MSN preferred. Current Connecticut State RN Nursing licensure and /or eligibility for Connecticut State RN licensure required
Three (3) to five (5) years clinical practice experience required. Two(2) to four (4) years of demonstrated leadership/supervisory/management experience required. Four(4) years of relevant functional area experience
Current CT RN Licensure
Strong communication and management skills. Must be proficient with microsoft packages such as electronic spread sheets, data base management packages and word processing.Ability to direct a diverse work force in a twenty-four hour per day operational environment. Ability to manage and remain effective with multiple priorities. Excellent communication skills. Excellent clinical skills. Knowledge of and proficient in the operation and use of computer-based information systems, to facilitate all aspects of care delivery. Knowledgeable of Quality Improvement processes, and capable of implementing concepts. Ability to implement and support change required.
PREVIOUS MANAGEMENT SKILLS IN OUTPATIENT SETTING
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top