CHIEF RADIATION THERAPIST: Guilford location
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Coordinates and manages the technical activities of the department for a location. Directs the work activities of assigned technical staff to ensure that necessary patient care requirements and quality are met, and directly provides patient care. Adheres to " I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 1. Takes directives and new treatment prescriptions from physicians and assigns cases to therapists with respect to treatment unit and planned methods of treatment.
- 2. Regularly reviews treatment plan and patient progress with therapists to ensure conformance with prescribed treatment. Assists therapists with new and difficult problems and makes immediate decisions on problems in treatment area.
- 3. Conducts Case Review Sessions with physicians on a routine basis.
- 4. Participates in the orientation of residents and new therapists. Teaches therapists work techniques and new procedures.
- 5. Develops and conducts Quality Assurance testing in conjunction with Radiation Physicist. Participates in departmental and Hospital Quality Assurance Committees.
- 6. Leads the recruitment, selection and appointment, supervision of satellite technical employees. Completes periodic performance reviews according to policy. Responsible for processing promotion, discipline and other personnel actions and reports problems relating to staffing, morale, work methods, procedures, transfers and recommends action regarding assigned personnel, with approval from immediate supervisor.
- 7. Coordinates and/or performs patient simulations and related treatment planning activities in conjunction with the Physicist and/or Dosimetrist and technologist. Meets with patients and their families to discuss problems and assists or refers them for proper assistance based on age-specific criteria.
- 8. Is administratively responsible for the site, and for the preparation of reports, documents, payroll records, statistical surveys, and other data required. Prepares interdepartmental schedules to facilitate physician consultations, treatment sessions and services for patients at satellite center. Coordinates diagnostic procedures, dietary, nurse counselor, transportation and other patient related services.
- 9. Maintains proper inventory supply and initiates equipment maintenance activities as necessary. Participates in selection of major equipment.
- 10. Serves as liaison and facilitates communication between the Radiological Physics section,medical staff, and as technical interface between therapists with satellite hospital departments.
- 11. Participates in assigned projects aligned to meet the goals and objectives of the department and hospital.
- 12. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures customer satisfaction and promotes positive and constructive working relationships within the department and throughout the extended medical community.
- 13. As required, performs other duties as directed to ensure prompt, effective and uninterrupted service within the department.
- 14. Performs all duties of a therapist when required. Provides adequate coverage to ensure appropirate staffing levels are maintained.
- 15. Coordinates schedule for staff rotatations and Paid Time Off (PTO). Responsible for payroll.
Graduation from an approved school of Radiation Therapy Technology; A.R.R.T. registration required. A.S. degree in Radiation Therapy Technology preferred. Bachelor's degree strongly desired with emphasis on Healthcare/Personnel Management.
Two (2) to three (3) years' experience as a radiation therapy technologist, including some leadership and instructional experience.
CT Licensure Required
Good supervisory, leadership and clinical instruction skills. Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Effective communication and organizational skills. Flexibility and adaptability in stressful situations. Ability to interact and work effectively with related professionals.
Back to top