CERT THERAPEUTIC REC SPECIALIS
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the evaluation and treatment of patients in the assigned patient care areas. Performs other clinical and teaching duties as may be required.
- 1. Clinical
- 1.1 Performs basic TR evaluations on assigned patients.
- 2. Education
- 2.1 Attends mandatory department inservices.
- 3. Self Development
- 3.1 Seeks opportunities to expand own knowledge of profession and related fields.
- 4. Administration
- 4.1 Complies with Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures.
- 5. Clinical Supervision
- 5.1 Appropriately delegates responsibilities to support staff and volunteers maintaining appropriate level of clinical supervision.
- 6. Human Relations Skills
- 6.1 Demonstrates respect and regard for dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsive, and courteous hospital environment.
Minimum of a B.S. from an accredited Therapeutic Recreation Program or related field as outlined by the National Therapeutic Recreation Standards. Must be or currently pursuing CTRS certification from National Council Therapeutic Recreation certification. Certification is required within 1 year of employment.
At least two (2) to five (5) years in a psychiatric setting and/or child development strongly preferred.
The individual should demonstrate knowledge in therapeutic recreation theory, evaluation, and treatment techniques for various special population groups. Observation skills, communication skills (both verbal and written), and an ability to work with others in a synergistic manner are essential. The individual should also be willing and able to assume increased responsibilities as required.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top