CERT NURSE ANESTHETIST
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As a member of the Department of Anesthesiology, in collaboration with the Attending Anesthesiologist, administers anesthesia care to surgical and obstetrical patients.
- 1. Pre-anesthesia Preparation - The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist provides the following services to ensure appropriate Anesthesia care will be provided.
- 1.1 Reviews the health history and physical examination conveying pertinent information to the Anesthesiologist.
- 2. Anesthethetic Management - To plan for safe intraoperative anesthesia management.
- 2.1 Completes a thorough anesthesia apparatus safety test, including the anesthesia machine and all monitoring equipment which will be used during the delivery of a given anesthetic. Documents the anesthesia record accordingly.
- 3. Provides Post-anesthesia Care to ensure safe recovery of the patient.
- 3.1 Safely transports patient from operating room to post anesthesia care unit, surgical intensive care unit, or other predetermined area.
- 4. Personal and Professional Development : The following are necessary for the continual professional growth of the CRNA.
- 4.1 Meets requirements of 40 continuing education units every two years as required by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
Graduate of a Nurse Anesthesia Educational Program accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetistists Council on accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Programs. Current State of Connecticut Nursing License. Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in the State of Connecticut.
New graduates accepted.
Graduate from a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Program.
Employed as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
AANA Certification, State of CT RN and APRN License
Anesthetic patient management must be immediate and responsive. Flexibility and adaptability are required.
Scope of Supervision: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist practice according to their expertise, and institutional policy. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists work medically directed by an attending anesthesiologist.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top