To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
In collaboration with physician(s) is responsible for the overall plan of patient care for a specific patient population; coordinates appropriate resources to facilitate and ensure the patient's progress through the continuum of care from hospital admission to post-hospital care. Actively participates in the quality review process and assures continual improvement of quality patient care. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Develops the overall plan of care/guidelines and communicates plan to members of the patient care team.
- 1.1 Reviews clinical records to obtain demographic and financial information and assesses physiological needs appropriate to plan of care as evidenced by documentation in patient care record.
- 2. Provides direct/indirect care to select patients and families.
- 2.1 Assess psychosocial needs of patients and families and provides counseling and/or referrals as evidenced by documentation in patient care record.
- 3. Utilizes relevant research findings to support and advance nursing practice and improve patient outcomes.
- 3.1 Integrates relevant research findings into practice as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- 4. Professional Development
- 4.1 Attends educational seminars to maintain and meet expectations set forth by Hospital and departmental standards.
RN Degree and Licensure
3-5 years clinical experience in the area of specialty. Care coordination experience a plus.
Current RN licensure in the State of Connecticut.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and/or hear. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate. Incumbents as well as external and itnernal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top