BUSINESS ASSOCIATE-Float Pool
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Business Associate in cooperation with members of the patient care team achieves desired outcomes in the following areas: Service Excellence, collaboration and teamwork, technical expertise, positive impact and problem solving. Additional activities may be at the request of the department and/or Manager to ensure safe effective and efficient operations of the facility.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at BH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity, and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff, and support department personnel. Adheres to the "Is there anything else I can do for you , and "Heal me, cause me no harm, treat me nicely" customer service pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Service Excellence - Creates a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel. Adheres to the "Is there anything else I can do for you?" customer service excellence pledge.
- 1.1 Interacts with patients, families/friends, physicians and staff, in a helpful, courteous, pleasant and professional manner at all times, including while using the intercom.
- 2. Collaboration and Teamwork - Assures that information is communicated in a timely, sensitive and effective way; follows through on responses as appropriate.
- 2.1 Demonstrates sensitivity to the varying needs and communication styles of our culturally diverse patients, families and staff.
- 3. Technical Expertise - Proficient skill on all computer applications and telecommunication systems. Maintains all medical records and other materials related to medical status and patient care. Observes strict confidentiality within HIPAA regulations.
- 3.1 Receives, distributes, processes, files and maintains all patients' medical records and other documents relating to medical status and patient care maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
- 4. Positive Impact on Practice/Problem Solving - Exhibits behaviors demonstrating responsibility for creating a positive work environment. Recommend reasonable solutions to address problems.
- 4.1 Ensure environment is always regulatory ready, regulatory compliant, including maintaining a clean, comfortable environment for patients, families, friends and coworkers.
High school diploma or equivalent; secretarial coursework preferred.
Minimum of 6 months work experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
Excellent communications, interpersonal, organizational skills and ability to multitask and manage time effectively. Ability to read computer screens, forms and other documents and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to write clearly and legibly. Demonstrated competency with computers and keyboarding skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to respond to unpredictable, changing situations and needs (including clinical crises on the unit and otherwise stressful situations and interactions) with sound judgement and excellent customer relations skills. Possess the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations. Demonstrate a caring, positive attitude towards patients and families.
Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds. Consistent use of body mechanics. Work involves sitting in a chair for long periods of time, stands and walks through department or facility as required.
Back to top