BUDGET ANALYST II
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides customer focused financial support to assigned Operational area, including monthly review of operating results, annual budget preparation and position control maintenance and monitoring. In harmony with Financial Analyst team, works to ensure financial feasibility of business plans including new clinical programs and capital purchases.
- 1. Develops an in-depth working knowledge of operations and acts in capacity of financial liaison to assigned Operational area.
- 2. Assists with annual operating and capital budget processes by working with operational areas to summarize budget proposals and personnel requests for presentation and review by senior leadership.
- 3. Ensures annual budget processing requirements are completed accurately and timely and assists in consolidation and analysis of total Hospital budget data.
- 4. Assists Senior Financial Analysts with preparation of monthly budget adjustments and journal entries as required in conjunction with the monthly close process.
- 5. Reviews monthly budget variances for assigned areas. Works with Department Managers to assess appropriate corrective action or justification.
- 6. Prepares FTE budget transactions and monitors position control for accuracy.
- 7. Collaborates with the Financial Planning Analysts to review flexible budget results and to present those results to the operational areas.
- 8. Recommends and develops new methods to report on and analyze operating expense data utilizing available information systems and resources.
- 9. Assists with educating and training operational areas on budget processes including monitoring and reporting tools available to management.
- 10. Promotes the philosophy of Success Factors as outlined in the Performance Management process. Acts in accordance with the Organizations core values.
- 11. Performs other related duties as required by the Manager of Budget Development and/or the Director of Financial Planning & Budget.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
Minimum of two years of experience in Finance with a focus on budget monitoring and financial analyses . Hospital or Healthcare industry experience preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with people at all levels. Strong analytical skills; must have excellent understanding of computer systems. Word processing, spreadsheet and database skills are required. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects. Knowledge of the hospital industry and health care environment desirable.
Back to top