ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR STRAT PGRM DEV
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for collaboratively developing and operationalizing strategic business plans for the YNHH Children 's
- Responsible for translating service line strategic goals and objectives into operational initiatives
1.1 Collaborate with clinical leaders, nursing and operations directors and other key stakeholders in the development of strategic goals and objectives
1.2 Provide project management leadership for key strategic initiatives. Prioritize, direct and oversee the development and execution of initiatives.
1.3 Participate in the development and recommendation of business plans, goals and objectives for assigned departments and projects.
1.4 Provide periodic program and performance updates, and evidence of the accomplishment of strategic goals and objectives
- Oversee operations and manage relationship with local FQHCs for the provision of Primary Care services ? women?s, children?s, and adult ? at YNHH
3. Manage daily operations and future development of the Pediatric Sleep Study Program
- Work with Senior Executives to ensure delivery of quality services, operational efficiency, budgeted financial performance and high patient/physician satisfaction
4.1 Develop and coordinate reports, proposals and presentations
4.2. Ensure routine updates to key stakeholders through written and verbal communiques
- Collaborate with Service Line Leaders, Clinical Service Coordinators, Medical Staff, Operations and Patient Care Services to ensure that programmatic objectives, volume and budget targets are achieved
6. Facilitate cross-functional collaboration between operations support team groups/members
6.1 Coordinate with supporting groups, i.e. Finance, Planning, Internal Consulting Group, etc.
6. 2 Organize clinical, quality, finance and operations partners to systematically utilize internal and external resources to drive performance improvement
6.3 Develop standards and tools for the review and reporting of activities as they relate to operational and financial management
6 4 . Make recommendations to senior management for process change
6 5 . Accountable for identifying recommending and implementing best practices
7. Participate in the annual budget process ? inpatient and outpatient volumes, expenses, etc.
7.1 Support the SVP in leading and overseeing the development of annual service line financial plans and operating and capital budgets for CEO review and approval.
7.2 Develop strategies to successfully achieve organizational revenue and expense targets
8. Oversee both strategic and routine capital processes
8 1 . Coordinate annual capital processes with Medical Staff, Operations and Patient Care
8.2 Review and make recommendations concerning equipment, facilities, facility enhancements, new construction and services
8.3 Liaise with Clinical and Operational leads, FD&C, IT, Clinical Engineering and other stakeholders to ensure delivery/execution
- Build and foster new relationships with Clinical Chiefs, YSM Administration and Medical Staff to support alignment between Hospital and School
- Establish credibility across the organization through collaboration, visibility, relationship building and effective leadership
10 1 . Establish and maintain effective relationships with key constituents
Advanced degree, e.g., Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration with a minimum of five years in a hospital setting.
Significant business and financial experience gained in a complex healthcare organization.
A proven track record in project management. Ability to understand the concept and work through implementation.
A skilled communicator.
In personal and job-related decisions and actions, consistently demonstrates the values of integrity (doing the right thing), patient-centered (putting patients and families first), respect (valuing all people and embracing all differences), accountability (being responsible and taking action), and compassion (being empathetic).
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top