APRN or PA - SPINE CENTER
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The primary function of the Physician Assistant is to provide comprehensive medical care for the Musculoskeletal patient under the direct supervision of the attending physician. Clinical responsibilities will include: evaluating patients, entering patient care orders, performing procedures, providing education, collaboration wtihin the multidisciplinary team, preparing patients for discharge and the communication and documentation of all patient care activities. The goal of the PA is to provide high quality, consistent patient care in a cost efficient, safe manner while adhering to best practice and achieving optimal outcomes and excellent patient satisfaction.
PA or APRN Musculoskeletal
2 Positions are available
Interested candidates should contact Walt Medina at Walt Medina Associates [email protected] or (860) 357-5002
- 1. Admit patients. Perform and document complete H&P. Enter appropriate information and orders into EMR
- 2. Order and obtain necessary diagnostic tests including imaging studies and laboratory tests. Follow through on interpretation of results and communicate with team.
- 3. Request consultations from other services, obtain appropriate work up and follow through on recommendations
- 4. Participate in daily rounds and assist with implementing managerment plan in collaboration with multidisciplinary team and attending
- 5. Enter, review, and update orders in EMR to include: PT, OT, Speech, IV therapy, medications, restraints, patient care, discharge orders
- 6. Address patient concerns brought forth by nursing staff
- 7. Document patient encounters into EMR including, but not limited to: progress, event, procedure or transfer notes
- 8. Perform procedures asd credentialed.
- 9. Provide on call coverage as relevant to scheduled hours
- 10. assist with evaluation and management of clinic patients with attending supervision
- 11. participate i formal hand off/transition of care process including EMR sign out
- 12. work to achieve efficient, cost effective, patient centered high quality care, follow evidence based standards/practice
- 13. assist in operating room and perform bedside procedures to include documentation as per privileges
- 14. prepare discharge documentation including instructions, prescriptions (within realm of CT statute and organizational bylaws, summaries, referrals (w-10)
- 15. Partiicipate in QI and PI activities
- 16. Participate in special projects at request of Manager, Dept Head, Chair
- 17. Participate in CME and maintain NCCPA requirements, attend dept conferences as relevant
- 18. assist with onboarding of new staff
- 19. participate in education of fellows residents, medical/ PA/APRN students
- 20. adhere to schedule guidelines and departmental policy and procedures
- 21. promote positive work environment, adhere to spirit of "YNHH Service Excellence" pledge.
- 22. Provide specialty specific education to patients and families to include periop expectations, treatment plans, discharge care.
- 23. participate in research projects as relevant
- 24. Serve as patient advocate
- 25. collaborate with multidisciplinary tearm in the development of a comprehensive care plan
- 26. communicate treatment plans to collaborating/referral MDs, care coordinators, social workers, health care agencies as appropriate while adhering to HIPAA policy.
- 27. compliance with standard billing practices to include appropriate documentation, and corporate compliance
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Art degree and graduation from an approved Physician Assistant program required or APRN Program. Certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
one to three years of patient care experience in inpatient setting preferred, neurosurgical experience preferred.
current state license as Physician Assistant and certification maintenance by NCCPA or APRN License
excellent clinical, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work wtih a diverse group of providers across the health care continuum. Computer skills preferred.
PA or APRN required
neurosurgical experience is preferred.
Interested candidate should contact Walt Medina at Walt Medina and Associates at [email protected] or (860) 357-5002
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top