APRN IBCLC, Lactation Program
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Medical Clinical Director and Lactation Program Coordinator functions to provide direct lactation support and education to patients and staff across the continuum of care. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team to plan, evalute and ensure quality patient care to the breastfeeding dyad and family. Services provides include patient and staff assessment and education, consultation, resarch and leadership. Provides comprehensive consultation to nurses, physicians and other professional health care team members. Provides clinical leadership in activities of the department relating to policies, standards of care, and the collaborative practice of nursing. Contributes to the expansion of the professional development of the nursing staff.
- 1.1 Serves as a clinical resource to nursing personnel, patients and their families, and health care professionals.
- 2.1 Monitors and evaluates the quality of patient care; identifies and communicates measures to improve and insure quality of nursing care.
- 3.1 Evaluates and disseminates current literature and research to nursing and medical staff.
- 4.1 Serves as a resource for community health professionals, civic organizations and organizations supporting lactation.
- 5.1 Establishes professional goals and plans for achieving these goals.
Minimum of three (3) years of clinical nursing experience. 2 years experience as a lactation consultant preferred. Demonstrated clinical expertise and in-depth knowledge in specialty area, encompassing the well baby, premature and/or sick neonate and post-partum mothers.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with current Connecticut nursing licensure, and IBCLC certification required. Lactation consultant with documentation of current national certification (i.e. International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants, UCLA Extension Program).
Demonstrated effective teaching, communication, research and leadership skills. Knowledgable of ICD 10 codes
MSN and IBCLC - required
Back to top