APRN - HOSPICE AND PALLIATIVE CARE
ADVANCED PRACTITIONER - PALLIATIVE CARE
Yale New Haven Health | Northeast Medical Group is seeking a nurse practitioner to join our inpatient and outpatient palliative care service in Greenwich, CT.
- Schedule- Full Time - Days Only Monday - Friday
- New Position - Inpatient and further development in outpatient community service
- You will work with two physicians specialized in hospice and palliative care
- Collegial and supportive environment with access to resources and specialists across the continuum of care
- Academic opportunities
- Flexible schedules to ensure work/life balance
- Employment model with competitive compensation with excellent benefit and retirement plans including a pension and matching 403B, vacation, CME, malpractice including tail coverage and more!
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our
Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion -
must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports to the Medical Director of Palliative Care
This position will be responsible for providing care to enhance and support the consultation service. This position interacts with the patient's direct care team, palliative care and team leadership for patient specific care interventions as needed. The advanced practitioner works collaboratively within the palliative care program helping to develop evidence-based protocols and standards; assists in the coordination of continuing education for physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains and other hospital staff as appropriate.
- Identifies patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting who have palliative care needs.
- Works with the healthcare team to develop ways to monitor patients across the continuum, and to develop strategies to avoid hospitalization and/or decreased length of stay.
- Provides consultation to the clinical care team regarding symptom management interventions.
- Developed in collaboration with the other healthcare professionals evidence-based protocols and standards for patients in year two or at the end of life.
- Knowledgeable of current local, regional and national clinical and operational trends in palliative care.
- Contributes to clinical literature and or to local regional or national presentations to promote quality palliative care an outcomes.
- Acts as a clinical resource for the healthcare team and serves as a role model/preceptor for advanced practice nursing students.
- Assists in the development and implementation of patient education materials regarding palliative care.
- Participates in the evaluation of the palliative care program.
- Participates in nursing and other research activities related to palliative care, as appropriate.
Educational preparation at the Master Level of nursing. Graduation from an accredited Advanced Nurse
Practitioner program required. In addition, holds a BSN degree from an accredited institution.
1-3 years clinical experience related to the specialty of the practice, preferred: ICU / Critical Care, Hospice and Palliative Care
The ideal candidate will have experience and a passion for palliative medicine and end-of-life care. They will be team oriented, collaborative, articulate, have good communication skills, and have a high level of compassion and and comfort.xcellent clinical, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
Greenwich Hospital is a 206 bed community hospital – a state of the art facility which serves as a model for advanced health care design and is a member of the Yale New Haven Health System (YNHHS). This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a highly professional and well-staffed environment with an unwavering commitment to exceptional patient care and service excellence. A major academic affiliate of Yale University School of Medicine and a member of the Yale New Haven Health System, Greenwich Hospital has evolved into a progressive medical center and teaching institution with an internal medicine residency program. We represent all medical specialties and offer a wide range of medical, surgical, diagnostic and wellness programs. High quality care coupled with convenient location are reasons many patients choose Greenwich Hospital.
Northeast Medical Group
Northeast Medical Group (NEMG) - a physician group designed to provide excellence in medical care driven by compassion and sensitivity to the needs of our patients is part of the Yale New Haven Health System. Our partnerships with three leading hospitals – Greenwich, Bridgeport, and Yale-New Haven – means that we can create opportunities for enhanced collaboration, quality of care and physician alignment, all with the support and resources of Yale New Haven Health System. Northeast Medical Group (NEMG) offices span from Westchester County, New York to Gales Ferry, Connecticut and cities in between.
Fairfield County is not only a great place to practice medicine; it’s a great place to enjoy a variety of recreational and cultural activities. Connecticut offers many attractions including museums, golf, hiking, restaurants and beaches shoreline; superior educational opportunities through its public schools and internationally acclaimed New England universities. From beaches to cross-country skiing to spectacular foliage, we offer a true four-seasons experience for you and your family. This position – located at Greenwich Hospital is within 45 minute drive and 55 minute commuter train ride of downtown Manhattan.
Back to top