Anesthesia System Tech.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for coordination and distribution of supply flow between Materials Management, Hospital Supply, Pharmacy departments and all anesthetizing locations. Responsible for maintaining Anesthesia supplies, equipment and medication par levels in all Anesthetizing areas. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Maintains appropriate levels of supplies and equipment according to safety stock levels. Assists in accommodating special requests from physicians and nursing staff.
- 1.1 Inventories and replenishes each Anesthetizing area daily as indicated by feedback from Anesthesia Staff and weekly random observations by supervisor.
- 2. Assures cleanliness and availability of equipment and instrumentation.
- 2.1 Maintains neat and orderly storage areas according to departmental standards as observed by supervisor.
- 3. Utilizes budgeted resources judiciously.
- 3.1 Obtains items from exchange carts only when necessary to replenish established par areas as indicated by anesthesia staff feedback and as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Assists in maintaining malignant hyperthermia and emergency sets in all anesthetizing areas.
- 4.1 Collaborates with Pharmacy dept. by bringing all used M.H. sets to Pharmacy for replenishment as noted by feedback from Pharmacy/Anesthesia staff and random checks by supervisor.
- 5. Attends departmental meetings.
- 5.1 Meets with supervisor to discuss areas of concern on monthly basis as observed by supervisor chairing meetings.
- 6. Participates in customer service satisfaction improvement plan.
- 6.1 Proactively helps supervisor design and implement improvement plan.
- 7. Ensures that all Anesthesia and Pain Service patients are charged with Bridgeport Hospital service master codes.
- 7.1 Calculates and codes all Anesthesia and Pain Service charge sheets with accuracy on a daily basis as noted by random check by supervisor.
- 8. Assists with providing accurate information to Patient Billing Department.
- 8.1 Provides Patient Billing Department with answers to billing inquiries as requested as noted by supervisor and by feedback of Patient Billing Manager.
- 9. Assists with maintenance of accurate Anesthesia Service statistics.
- 9.1 Sorts Anesthesia charges daily according to specific Anesthesia services as noted by supervisory observation.
- 10. Assists in updating of supply listing in preparation of inventory.
- 10.1 Prepares stock listings of all Anesthetizing areas with accuracy as noted by supervisory review.
- 11. Maintains neat and orderly file systems.
- 11.1 Files and monitors current year Anesthesia record files with accuracy as noted by random checks by supervisor.
- 12. Utilizes budgeted resources judiciously.
- 12.1 Completes time record accurately.
- 13. Completes non-therapeutic functions under the direction of MD, PA, APRN or RN.
- 13.1 Order IV solutions available from Hospital Supply appropriate for Central Sterile/Supply to meet established par levels.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One year experience in medical center of health care related facility required.
Basic computer/math skills required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Back to top