Advanced Practice Provider Surgical ICU
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The primary function of Physician Assistant (PA) is to provide comprehensive care to patients in collaboration with physicians. Each PA has a designated supervising physician.
- 1. Clinical Practice:
- 1.1 Assists in the care of assigned patients, ensuring safe and efficient care.
- 1.2 Surgical Intensivist PA or NP to provide coverage for SICU & Surgival Services.
- 2. Education
- 2.1 Identifies information needs of team members, patients and families. Provides related teaching and education to unit nurses and PA students.
- 3. Patient Safety
- 3.1 Immediately reports any concerns about patient safety to manager and/or Adminstration.
- 4. Operations
- 4.1 Follows all NEMG policies and procedures.
Graduation from an accredited PA or NP program required. Certified as a Physician Associate by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Associates. Both hold a valid Connecticut medical license, Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration and Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certification.
One (1) to two (2) years caring for patients preferred.
Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.
Back to top