Advanced Nurse Practitioner Psychiatry-OB
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for processing and patient care management of medical patients. The APRN works collaboratively with attending physician, PCP, and or Hospitalists and utilizes a team approach in the care of the patient. The APRN may diagnose illness and physical condition and perform therapeutic and corrective measures.Assesses the physical and psychosocial status of patients by interview, health history, physical exam and diagnostic tests. Participates in quality improvement initiatives. Carries out responsibilities with minimal need for supervision and guidance within the scope of practice.Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Exemplifies behaviors reflecting Service Excellence and support of the Strategic Dimensions by modeling the Core Success Factors as described in the Performance Review.
- 1. Demonstrates excellence in the completion of patient history and physical exams and assessments appropriate to patient population.
- 2. Demonstrates proficiency in dictation of the history and physical and other notes on patient status.
- 3. Writes appropriate patient history or follow up orders (including orders for IVs, meds, labs, nursing orders) on all patients.
- 4. Writes appropriate orders within department standards as determined by feedback and random review of patient charts.
- 4.1 Initiates lab and diagnostic test requests and demonstrates ability to appropriately interpret and apply results to patient management.
- 5. Writes orders such as prescriptions and lab, etc.
- 5.1 Assures that appropriate orders and documentation are written timely as directed by physician oversight.
- 6. Conducts rounds and/or visits and writes note and orders in patient charts.
- 6.1 Conducts rounds/patient visits and writes daily progress notes.
- 7. Communicates with physician regarding patient's course and further treatment.
- 7.1 Communicates with attending physician in an appropriate time frame as determined by feedback from physician.
- 8. Performs other related duties as follows.
- 8.1 Develops with physicians multidisciplinary treatment plans and clinical pathways in order to improve quality while becoming efficient and more cost effective.
Educational preparation at the Master's level of nursing. Clinical privileges required when performing certain advanced practice activities Graduation from an accredited Advanced Nurse Practitioner program required. Certified as a APRN by the National Commission on Certification of Nurse Practitioners. Must hold a valid Connecticut medical license, Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration and Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certification.
1+ years of experience preferred.
Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top