Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Part Time or Full Time (Walk In)
ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER OR PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
PART TIME - Walk In Center at Corporate Park
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our
Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion -
must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The nurse practitioner is a licensed, practitioner who is responsible for providing general medical care and treatment to patients within the scope of practice of an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates excellence in the completion of patient history and assessments appropriate to patient population.
- Ensures development of appropriate treatment plans.
Educates and influences clinical staff to ensure appropriate provision of care.
- Educates patients and their families in health care from medical to lifestyle interventions
- Has the ability to work as a team member with the flexibility to cover walk in center as needed
- Proficiency in using EMR (Epic)
Educational preparation at the Masters Level of nursing. Graduation from an accredited Advanced Nurse
Practitioner program required. In addition, holds a BSN degree from an accredited institution.
Certified as a APRN by the National Commission on Certification of Nurse Practitioners. Must hold a valid Connecticut medical license, Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration and Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certification.
- 3 years clinical experience related to internal medicine primary care, family medicine, emergency medicine or occupational health
- Ability to work independently as sole practitioner in walk-in center
Excellent clinical, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our walk in centers where you will work from Shelton and West Haven locations. This position offers:
- Collegial and supportive environment with access to resources and specialists across the continuum of care
- Full suite of practice management services that allows you to focus on patient care
- Leadership opportunities
- Flexible schedule to ensure work/life balance
- Competitive compensation with excellent benefit and retirement plans including a pension and matching 403B, vacation, CME, malpractice including tail coverage and more.
- The area boasts wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to New York City and Boston with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums and restaurants.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top