ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER - FAMILY MEDICINE - Trumbull, CT
APRN - OUTPATIENT FAMILY PRACTICE
Mon - Fri with some evening hours till 7:00 p.m.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This practice is comprised of four physicians and two APRNs in a beautiful office building close to the Merritt Parkway, Route 8 and I-95.
The nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist provides assessment, consultation, and intervention for patients and education for staff and families. The APRN works collaboratively with attending physician and utilizes a team approach in the care of the patient. The APRN may diagnose illness and physical condition and perform therapeutic and corrective measures. Assesses the physical and psychosocial status of patients by interview, health history, physical exam and diagnostic tests. Participates in quality and patient satisfaction improvement initiatives. Carries out responsibilities with minimal need for supervision and guidance within the scope of practice.
- 1. Demonstrates excellence in the completion of patient history and physical exams and assessments appropriate to patient population.
- 2. Demonstrates proficiency in EMR (Epic)
- 3. Coordinates and leads family meetings.
- 4. Coordinates/collaborates with clinical team to ensure development of appropriate treatment plans.
- 5. Conducts patient visits and writes progress notes.
- 6. Maintains regular communication with patients, families, and primary care physicians as appropriate regarding progress and treatment plans.
Educational preparation at the Master's level of nursing. Clinical privileges required when performing certain advanced practice activities Graduation from an accredited Advanced Nurse Practitioner program required.
Minimum 1 to 3 years clinical experience related to family nursing.
Certified as a APRN by the National Commission on Certification of Nurse Practitioners. Must hold a valid Connecticut medical license, Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration and Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certification.
Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established practice dedicated to providing patiient access and offer the following:
- Collegial and supportive environment with access to resources and specialists across the continuum of care
- Full suite of practice management services that allow providers to focus on patient care
- Leadership opportunities
- Employment model with competitive compensation with excellent benefit and retirement plans including a pension and matching 403B, vacation, CME, malpractice including tail coverage and more!
Located in the beautiful New England settings of New Haven, Fairfield and Westchester Counties, the areas boast wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to New York City and Boston with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums and restaurants.
Back to top