ADVANCE PRACTICE PROVIDER BREAST CENTER: SURGERY - PA and APRN
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Oncology Nurse Practitioner/APRN is an advanced practice nurse who is an integral part of a multidisciplinary disease team providing specialized care to a population of patients with Cancer. The incumbent works in collaboration with the attending physicians and other members of the disease team to manage patients during all phases of the disease process from diagnosis, through treatment and discharge or end of life. These positions exist in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- 1. Clinical Practice
- 1.1 Assumes direct patient care responsibilities for a group of patients as directed by the Disease team leader/attending physician.
- 2. Communication
- 2.1 Partners with all members of the health care team to ensure coordinated communication to patients and families.
- 3. Education
- 3.1 Serves as a role model for nursing staff; provides inservice education, grand rounds, etc to members of the team.
- 4. Professional Development
- 4.1 Ensures that he/she attends sufficient educational opportunities to stay current in his/her field.
Graduate of approved Nurse Practitioner program in Family Practice, Adult Health or Oncology. Appropriate national certification by either AACN or ONS. Current licensure to practice in the State of CT.
At least 3-5 years experience as a Nurse Practitioner or PA OR 3-5 years experience as an Oncology Nurse prior to attaining advanced degree.
Appropriate national certification by either AACN or ONS. Current licensure to practice in the State of CT.
Excellent clinical skills and judgement; possesses analytical skills to evaluate care needs; excellent interpersonal skills and relationships with patients, peers and physicians. Proficient in computer skills.
APRN or PA education required
APRN or PA license required
Oncology APP experience or oncology rn experience is required.
Back to top