To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This role provides administrative support to one or more individuals, one of whom is at the Vice President level . Works independently and efficiently to provide broad-scale, complex administrative and executive support for Vice President and the department.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, phone coverage, travel arrangements, compiling and maintaining confidential data and departmental record-keeping and filing systems.
- Proactively reviews the Executive's daily calendar, provides necessary materials and develops agendas as appropriate. Discusses and resolves calendar conflicts to assure an appropriate and efficient work schedule .
- Responsible for preparation of correspondence (to include written and electronic) and necessary documents for action, mailing or distribution as required to both internal/external constituencies.
- Develops relationships and serves as liaison between Executive and members from other Delivery Networks, Sr. Management team and the community.
- Additional clerical functions covering a wide range of departmental operations.
- Acts promptly to address concerns and triages requests and problems through the appropriate channels.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of special events, meetings and training. 50% of time spent in relation to ownership of ongoing projects supporting the department and special projects as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree and/or some business course work at the college or technical level preferred.
At least 5-7 years experience functioning in an administrative support role or a combination of experience andBachelors' degree.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top