- Taipei, Taiwan
XPERI is looking for an Audio Software Engineer to be part of our mobile audio engineering team. The successful candidate should be passionate about getting the highest quality experience out and deliver that to our customers. The role is expected to have a deep understanding and working experience on Windows audio system architecture and Audio Processing Objects.
The candidate should be a technologist who enjoys software development, debugging and is a great communicator, as well as a team player. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent written and spoken communication skills, and a strong drive to solve problems to disrupt the status-quo are expected.
The successful candidate will work closely with field application teams, and sometimes directly with customers, to help develop and debug XPERI technologies. The candidate should be based in Taipei or within a short commute.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Work directly with other mobile audio engineers, technical account managers and the field application team to resolve issues reported from the customers independently or as a team in timely manner.
- Integrate and deliver XPERI mobile audio products into customer’s platform/product.
- Contribute to the development of XPERI mobile audio products.
- Provide of feedback to the development teams from the customer’s perspective.
Required Education and Experience
- BSc (required) or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, with 5 years of working experience
- Strong coding skills in C/C++, C#
- Java, Python, MATLAB, PowerShell or other scripting languages can be an advantage.
- Deep understanding and working experience on Windows Audio system architecture including the Audio Processing Objects framework.
- Deep understanding of Windows driver development, including audio filter driver.
- Knowledge in Android, iOS, OSX or console would be an advantage.
- Experience using commercial audio tools and software packages is preferred (e.g. Adobe Audition, Audacity, AudioMulch).
- Familiarity with version control system (preferably Git) would be an advantage.
- Experience working as a cross-functional team member is preferred.
- Passionate about music and audio in general is a big plus.
Back to top