Technician, IT Support
At Xperi, we are passionate about enabling amazing experiences through technology. This commitment doesn’t stop at our customers: we want our people – the heart of our business – to also have the best technology-enabled experience at all of our offices across the globe.
As an IT Support Technician at Xperi, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of our ongoing growth, helping us meet the organization's IT service desk needs globally.
This role will involve:
- Being part of an IT support team that supports a diverse group of end-users in 11 different countries either in-person or via remote support tools and telephone.
- Providing this support in an exceptional, responsive and service-oriented manner.
- Resolving issues logically, while logging steps taken throughout the troubleshooting process in the organization’s ticketing system.
- Communicating status directly to end-users and escalating issues to other IT team members as needed.
- Assisting the Global Service Desk Manager with project work as needed.
- Creating documentation for end-users, as well as internal IT staff.
- Helping maintain both fixed asset and operating inventories of all IT equipment in the organization.
- Providing input and recommendations to the organization surrounding hardware and software technologies and how these technologies can assist the business being especially proactive with new technologies.
- Providing support, troubleshooting and maintenance VoIP and video conferencing systems.
- Working with other IT team members to provide overlapping coverage for various systems and services.
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- 3+ years of IT end user support experience is required in both Windows and macOS environments
- A+ certification is required for candidates with less than 5 years experience
- Fluency in English is required. A plus would be additional proficiency in any of the following languages: Romanian, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, & Cantonese
Advanced proficiency in:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10 Enterprise
- macOS 10.12 and higher
- Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC)
- Microsoft 365 user account administration
- Microsoft Intune or another comparable MDM
- Dell, Lenovo, HP, and Apple laptop and desktop hardware
- Apple iOS & Android mobile OS and associated phone hardware
- Microsoft Office suite for Windows and macOS
- Macintosh and Windows printer setup and support
- Slack Administration
- Zoom Administration
- Apple Business Manager/DEP
- Networking TCP/IP and VLANs
- File permissions and access control
- Client-side Cisco Call Manager and Unity
- VMWare Fusion for macOS
- Mobile user client / firewall and VPN device configuration and support
- Understanding of a network infrastructure including, but not limited to the role of cabling, switches and routers
- Anti-Spam / Anti-Virus /Anti-Malware technologies
- Ivanti Endpoint Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to proof and edit
- Strong teamwork and project-related skills
- Professional demeanor with extraordinary customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with little supervision
- Ability to work over-time as well as weekends
- Ability to participate in emergency on-call rotation for after-hours support
- Some (infrequent) travel may be required
Back to top