Sr Embedded SW Engineer
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
As consumers continue to use technology to experience the world in new and exciting ways, Xperi (http://www.xperi.com) will continue to be right there. Through its innovative technologies and solutions in Audio, Imaging, Machine Learning and Semiconductors, XPERI enables experiences that are intuitive, personal and accessible everywhere.
XPERI’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) group develops cutting-edge machine learning and neural networks algorithms together with advanced software tools and efficient hardware architectures that enable consumer devices to understand their surroundings and to deliver personalized, immersive experiences.
With headquarters in San Jose, California and R&D teams in Ireland and Romania, the OCTO plays a key strategic role in shaping the future of XPERI.
We are now recruiting for a skilled Embedded Software Senior Engineer for our Brasov office. The ideal candidate is expected to assume a technical leadership role in design, architecture and development of embedded software for neural networks based applications running on XPERI’s unique hardware platform that delivers datacenter-quality performance at ultra-low power.
She/he will have a proven record of designing, optimizing, and deploying neural networks-based embedded software applications across a wide range of use cases. In addition, the candidate is expected to demonstrate a structured and detail-oriented approach to their work and follow rigorous engineering approaches. The candidate will be self-motivated and focused, comfortable collaborating with geographically dispersed teams, passionate a team player, and eager to make a difference as a member of a motivated team of machine learning researchers and practitioners.
The successful candidate will be part of the highly skilled OCTO team responsible for developing and deploying advanced machine learning and neural networks algorithms for efficient inference on “edge” devices reporting to the VP of Engineering, Machine Learning
- Design, architect and develop efficient embedded SW applications running on XPERI’s hardware platform that pushes the limits of neural networks performance at ultra-low power
- Drive embedded software development from initial concept to implementation, platform optimization and performance validation. Establish performance evaluation methodology, generate technical documentation and test procedures.
- Work closely with Machine Learning and Hardware Design teams to identify optimal SW architecture and implementation solutions
- Contribute jointly with other OCTO teams in the development of machine learning related tools and frameworks for data management, visualization, implementation and performance evaluation
- 5+ years experience as Software engineers with proven track record
- Proficiency with C / C++, strong knowledge of Python
- Hand-on experience with real-time and multi-tasking programming, experience with embedded tools and SDKs
- Knowledge of system architecture and key components: memory architectures, computing and I/O cores, buses and intercommunication etc.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent written and spoken communication skills, and a strong drive to solve problems and disrupt the status quo
- Familiarity with version control systems, preferably Git and development methodologies such as Agile/Kanban
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
- Understanding of latest machine learning developments, familiarity with state-of –the art neural network architectures, training and optimization methods
- Demonstrated interest for Audio and Imaging – Algorithms and Optimization: acquisition, processing, analytics and display, IoT, AR/VR, Autonomous driving.
- Exposure to deep learning development tools such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe
- Knowledge of embedded Operating Systems
Coresi Business Park,
5 Turnului Street
500152 Brasov, Romania
T +40 31.100.4558
Back to top