Senior Software Engineer - Networked Media Systems
We need a Senior Software Developer who will design and implement highly networked media systems for home media products through their complete Software Development Life Cycles.
This highly visible vital role will have lead responsibilities to design and develop networked media software, including applications and middle-ware. Your passion for technology will be demonstrated by your initiating and contributing to the Research and Development Team proof-of-concepts.
You will be viewed as the technological “lightning rod” that skillfully drives the development process. Your affability will be on full display as you engage major stakeholders to participate, while mentoring, coaching and supporting the junior members of the team to produce their best.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability in the following:
- Expert knowledge in network and media systems.
- Superior coding skills using C/C++, with proven history of successfully addressing complex development problems with elegant solutions.
- Extensive experience in writing portable code for multiple architectures, such as ARM, x86, MIPS, etc.
- Strong background and knowledge in Linux.
- Prior experience in leading a team of developers is highly desired.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience, MS preferred
- Minimum 5-years’ experience with C/C++ programming
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable, portable code in various format (e.g., SDK, wrapper library, application)
- Ability to translate networking and multimedia concepts into efficient and optimized implementations
- Deep understanding of memory management, network/socket programming, IPC, and multi-threading
- Experience coding global mobile apps that work smoothly in multiple languages is a plus
Meet Some of Xperi's Employees
Senior Engineer, Content Creation & Audio Quality Testing
Fred creates useful tutorials that express ideas and explain audio workflow methodologies, helping reduce the number of issues that arise during content creation.
Back to top