Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer – Imaging
As consumers continue to use technology to experience the world in new and exciting ways, Xperi (www.xperi.com) will continue to be right there. We’re enabling extraordinary experiences.
We’re making them faster and easier than ever before.
Our FotoNation (www.fotonation.com) group develops algorithm, hardware and software imaging technologies for smartphones, automotive and augmented/mixed reality applications. We are a global team with headquarters in San Jose, California, research and development facilities in Ireland and Romania and sales & field application engineering in China, Korea and Japan. Our group’s extensive portfolio of patented innovations includes face detection, modelling and beautification, face and iris recognition, video image stabilization as well as driver monitoring technologies.
Our Bucharest office is now looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering and product development team.
Your role as a senior software engineer is to take over innovative technologies and put them into practice, ensuring they can be applied in actual end customer devices.
You will participate in the complete product/technology development cycle, owning the software design, development, porting and integration. Whenever needed, you will work on the algorithms and develop proof of concept demonstrators. Occasionally you will work directly with our customers or our FAE teams (remotely or onsite) ensuring the proper integration of our solutions.
- BS in computer science, electronic engineering or mathematics
- 5+ years experience in writing portable code, optimized for low memory and execution time requirements
- Strong C programming expertize (C, C++, Visual Studio)
- Experience in working with embedded systems & platforms (smartphones, game consoles, cameras)
- Good understanding of computing systems HW/SW architectures
- Demonstrated ability in the complete algorithm/ software product development cycle
- Initiative, dedication, thoroughness, fast learning, ability to work under pressure
- Excellent technical and conversational English skills
- Availability to travel when necessary
Would be a plus:
- Experience in leading engineering teams
- MSc / PhD in mathematics, machine learning, image or signal processing
- Experience or knowledge in computer vision and image processing (algorithms, image formats, digital camera architecture and functionality)
- Experience with machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano
- Familiarity with ARM development/profiling tools (GNU for ARM, RVDS, etc)
- Experience with high-performance computing architectures, such as FPGAs, GPUs and DSPs
- Experience with programming for Android, iOS, Linux and Mac OS
Meet Some of Xperi's Employees
Senior Engineer, Content Creation & Audio Quality Testing
Fred creates useful tutorials that express ideas and explain audio workflow methodologies, helping reduce the number of issues that arise during content creation.
Back to top