Image Processing R&D Engineer
As consumers continue to use technology to experience the world in new and exciting ways, Xperi will continue to be right there. We’re enabling extraordinary experiences.
We’re making them faster and easier than ever before.
Our FotoNation (www.fotonation.com) group develops algorithm, hardware and software imaging technologies for digital still camera and mobile phone applications. With headquarters in San Jose, California, we have research and development facilities in Ireland and Romania. The group’s extensive portfolio of patented innovations includes in-camera red-eye removal technology, face detection, face beautification, face-recognition, high dynamic range, panorama stitching and video stabilization.
Our Galway office in Ireland is now looking to recruit a Image Processing R&D Engineer to join our team.
- Research and develop next generation image, video processing and biometrics algorithms for embedded platforms such as mobile phones and digital cameras.
- Proactively identify technical solutions and risks for project deliverables.
- Responsible for bringing the project from concept to C / Hardware implementation
- Work closely with engineering and QA team and assist in the development of any testing frameworks or data capture necessary for the evaluation of new or existing technologies.
- BSc degree with 5 years relevant experience
- Direct experience in designing image and video processing algorithms for embedded devices including image processing, analysis and understanding
- Direct experience in designing and training machine learning-based algorithms for embedded devices.
- Proven expertise in area of computer vision: object detection, pattern recognition and classification, statistical analysis.
- Proficient with Matlab: general use, plus Signal Processing toolbox & Image Processing toolbox
- Solid C programming language skills especially for embedded platforms.
- Motivated and creative person, dynamic, creative thinker and problem solver
- Good leadership skills, team player, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
- Experience of biometrics such as face and iris recognition would be a definite advantage.
- Exposure to Bayesian statistics.
- Knowledge of camera phone image capture architecture and ISP (Image Signal Processor)
- Knowledge of optics, and image quality evaluation
- Master or PhD diploma in a related field
Cliona, Building One,
Parkmore East Business Park,
T +353 91 477000
Back to top