Marketing Manager, Pro Audio Content and Tools
As a member of the Xperi Marketing team, the Marketing Manager, Pro Audio Content and Tools, will be responsible for leading and directly managing marketing programs toward and in collaboration with Xperi Customers and Partners in the content creation and distribution space. The primary brand focus for the role is Xperi’s DTS audio brand.
The Product Marketing Manager will lead efforts to connect with and deepen relationships with four key audiences: content creators (ex. audio engineers), movie studios, streaming services, and cinema operators.
The Marketing Manager must work together with Marketing teammates and professionals on the Content and Tools team to increase the number of movie (theatrical and home) releases that include DTS audio and subsequently to increase awareness of and interest in the theatrical and home releases that feature DTS audio.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Act as key member of the team driving adoption of DTS audio by content creators (Engineers and Studios)
- Partner with major studios, cinema operators, streaming services, and retailers to increase awareness of titles that feature DTS audio
- Leads development of quarterly/annual strategic marketing plans together with Marketing teammates. Pitches plans to the Content and Tools team helping them understand the “whys” behind proposed strategy and tactics along with the desired/expected impact. Listens to feedback from the Content and Tools team, adapts plans as necessary and drives to agreement for strategy, tactics, and objectives.
- Executes agreed upon plans in collaboration with Marketing teammates and marketers at customer and partner organizations. Develops trusting, productive relationships with Marketing teams at customer and partner companies.
- Liasons with Xperi China Marketing lead and other country leads to ensure Content and Tools team’s needs are being addressed in regional marketing plans. Informs Content and Tools team of activities in China. Ensures key Chinese partners are part of the marketing planning process and fully engaged/aligned with Xperi activities in regions.
- Brings an urgent, curious, outcomes-focused approach to the XPERI Marketing team.
- Understands what works for marketing movies (both theatrical and home releases). Effective and efficient generating meaningful results from modest budgets.
- Familiar with the language of audio mixing engineers. Candidate doesn’t need to be an audio engineer but should be able to understand language used in the audio tools space for movies and be able to clearly, simply communicate the value proposition of DTS audio mixing tools.
- Coordinates marcom, public relations and product marketing activities with XPERI partners for new product launches and sales campaigns for key existing products
- Deals with questions and opportunities from XPERI partners across a wide range of Marketing topics.
- Able to sell-in ideas. The quality of our strategies and campaigns will be a direct result of candidate’s ability to put together impactful plans and then to explain the approach and impact clearly to both marketers and non-marketers gaining support for ideas through the planning process.
- Acts as the face of XPERI Marketing to partners and will be required to establish and maintain relationships at all levels in the partner organizations.
- The position works primarily with outside partners but also cross-functionally with internal functions
- Work closely with global marketing teammates and with product, program, and sales teams. XPERI is a global business in a period of dynamic growth and as such, needs very committed team members. It will be common to work long hours and to take calls/meetings outside of standard US business hours.
- Some travel (both domestic and global) will be required.
- Manage projects being completed by external agencies employed by the company.
Required Education and Experience
- Thrives under pressure. Gains energy when collaborating with diverse teams to achieve marketing goals.
- Relentlessly curious. Creative. Orthogonal thinker. Creates unexpected and engaging marketing programs.
- High energy. A doer. Rolls up sleeves and masters the details. Player/coach who can both execute and lead diverse teams through influence not authority.
- Passion for technology and how it works is desirable. Geeks do well at Xperi.
- Passion and love for entertainment (music, movies, TV shows, games) is valuable.
- Proven relationship management/account management, and marketing abilities.
- Candidate must have experience in theatrical and home release movie marketing. Audio specific experience in the space is even better.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a marketing role with a focus on working with partners/customers. Agency experience managing several stakeholders and gaining alignment may valuable.
- Experience managing marketing campaigns of all sizes and takes a rigorous ROI based approach to investment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside the company.
- BA/BS required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Superior writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
Meet Some of Xperi's Employees
Senior Engineer, Content Creation & Audio Quality Testing
Fred creates useful tutorials that express ideas and explain audio workflow methodologies, helping reduce the number of issues that arise during content creation.
Back to top