Machine Learning - Senior R&D Engineer
Senior R&D Engineer – Imaging
As consumers continue to use technology to experience the world in new and exciting ways, Xperi (www.xperi.com) will continue to be right there. We’re enabling extraordinary experiences.
We’re making them faster and easier than ever before.
Our FotoNation (www.fotonation.com) group develops algorithm, hardware and software imaging technologies for smartphones, automotive and augmented/mixed reality applications. We are a global team with headquarters in San Jose, California, research and development facilities in Ireland and Romania and sales & field application engineering in China, Korea and Japan. Our group’s extensive portfolio of patented innovations includes face detection, modelling and beautification, face and iris recognition, video image stabilization as well as driver monitoring technologies.
Our Bucharest office is now looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer to join our engineering and product development team.
Your role as a senior R&D engineer is to design, develop and implement innovative computer vision and machine learning algorithms to address practical problems of intelligent cameras.
You will participate in the complete product/technology development cycle, owning the algorithms and the proof of concept demonstrators. Whenever needed, provide support to the integration, marketing and sales teams with various documentation and demos on PCs, mobile phones and/or other embedded platforms.
- BS in computer science, electronic engineering or mathematics
- 5+ years experience in developing computer vision and machine learning algorithms
- Experience with machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano
- Good C programming experience (C, C++, Visual Studio)
- Initiative, dedication, thoroughness, fast learning, ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability in the complete algorithm/product development cycle
- Excellent technical and conversational English skills
- Availability to travel when necessary
Would be a plus:
- Experience in leading engineering teams
- MSc / PhD in mathematics, machine learning, image or signal processing
- Experience in writing portable code optimized for low memory and execution time requirements
- Experience with programming for Android, iOS, Linux and Mac OS
- Familiarity with ARM architecture and embedded systems (mobile phones, development boards)
- Experience with high-performance computing architectures, such as FPGAs, GPUs and DSPs
- Experience or knowledge in image processing (algorithms, image formats, digital camera architecture and functionality)
Meet Some of Xperi's Employees
Senior Engineer, Content Creation & Audio Quality Testing
Fred creates useful tutorials that express ideas and explain audio workflow methodologies, helping reduce the number of issues that arise during content creation.
Back to top