General Manager, Japan
Based in Japan, the GM is responsible for managing and growing the XPERI business in automotive, home and mobile by enabling further the advancement of XPERI technologies into all type of products. The GM is also responsible to lead local sales and business development team and managing local office consisting of a team reporting to other XPERI corporate functions. The GM’s activities also include customer service for key strategic accounts with Automotive, home and mobile companies crucial to the success of XEPRI technologies, promotion and support of the XPERI brands, increased 3rd party usage of XPERI technology, B to B/C promotions, and other new venture opportunities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The GM will develop business and build relationships with automotive, home and mobile companies in Japan through licensing, marketing and technical support activities. This is a front-line position involving a substantial amount of client contact. As such, the candidate will work closely with XPERI Licensing Administration, Legal, Product Management, Marketing and Technical teams to ensure XPERI technologies and brand equity are expanded in the territory. The position requires the candidate to work within interdisciplinary teams based in other global locations to assure customers’ needs are met and that XPERI can provide extraordinary customer service. He or she will work as a member of the global Product and Solution team, and a high degree of coordination is expected and necessary between teams based in Europe, US and other locations in Asia, as the GM will report directly to Chief Product and Services Office based in California.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
The GM must:
- Aggressively promote and sell XPERI technologies into automotive, home and mobile markets.
- Provide daily support and management local office and business development team of XPERI Japan KK.
- Tracking and monitoring of progress of key projects with key partners.Read and understand all applicable license agreements and amendments.
- Proactively drive to provide customer service to customers including licensing administration, marketing and technology related matters.
- Coordinate and drive key program with global team of XPERI
Required Education and Experience
Competencies: The GM must have a solid working knowledge of the automotive and /or home industries with established Executive level relationships with key customers. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess a winning attitude. He or she will have the ability to drive results through effectual verbal and written communications, including a proven track record of successful presentations to both large and small audiences. The GM should be knowledgeable with products and technologies in the automotive, home and mobile industries.
A minimum of 15 years of Sales or Business Development with relevant technology solutions within the automotive, home and mobile industries. Extensive experience with customer relationships at all levels in the industry. Experienced with effective communication in both customer facing and in-house interdisciplinary teams, to assure accurate, on message information flow. Track record of success operating and collaborating with dispersed team in a global operating environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business field.
- 15+ years in the automotive, home and mobile industries in Sales or Business Development role.
- Excellent analytical and operative planning skills.
- Ability to manage resources in a manner driven by ROI.
- Language Bi-lingual: Native Japanese and fluent English.
- Ability to maintain a steady flow of internal reporting on market developments, opportunities, progress, challenges and other information or reconnaissance.
- Must be able to understand and analyze basic accounting and financial statements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Word).
- Basic understanding of technical programs and development tools
Meet Some of Xperi's Employees
Senior Engineer, Content Creation & Audio Quality Testing
Fred creates useful tutorials that express ideas and explain audio workflow methodologies, helping reduce the number of issues that arise during content creation.
Back to top