Junior Electronic Engineer
As consumers continue to use technology to experience the world in new and exciting ways, Xperi will continue to be right there. We’re enabling extraordinary experiences.
We’re making them faster and easier than ever before.
Our FotoNation (www.fotonation.com) group develops algorithm, hardware and software imaging technologies for digital still camera and mobile phone applications. With headquarters in San Jose, California, we have research and development facilities in Ireland and Romania. The group’s extensive portfolio of patented innovations includes in-camera red-eye removal technology, face detection, face beautification, face-recognition, high dynamic range, panorama stitching and video stabilization.
Our Galway office in Ireland is now looking to recruit a Junior Electronic Engineer to join our team.
You will be part of the Systems team to create complex hardware systems and tools that help to evaluate our advanced imaging solutions. You will develop tools that enhance the productivity and facilitate current and future company products.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Schematic design and development of embedded systems
- Design, implement and maintain in-house created Hardware systems that allows the users to test and evaluate the company’s imaging technology and products.
- Evaluation of new technologies and design trade-offs.
- Write prototyping applications in C for embedded devices
- Generate design specifications, test protocols and test reports
- Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved
- Respond to requests from the R&D or QA teams and implement new features in the relevant Hardware / Software tools or provide support on technical issues.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of ORCAD PCB design and schematic
- Strong interest and knowledge of electronic hardware.
- Knowledge of analog & digital circuits and component.
- Use oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and specialized test equipment
- Microcontroller embedded C code design and development
- Flexibility and ability to work well in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Good written and spoken English.
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
- Mechanical CAD design skills
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of Xilinx FPGA systems
- Knowledge of Python programing language
- Knowledge of communication standards such as I2C, SPI, UART, MIPI, HiSpi, USB
Cliona, Building One,
Parkmore East Business Park,
T +353 91 477000
Meet Some of Xperi's Employees
Senior Engineer, Content Creation & Audio Quality Testing
Fred creates useful tutorials that express ideas and explain audio workflow methodologies, helping reduce the number of issues that arise during content creation.
Back to top