The Engineer I, Certification - Product Support Engineering at Xperi provides a vital role in ensuring Xperi audio solutions are implemented properly on ICs and/or OEM products. This position conducts certification tests of audio post-processing and decoder solutions using systematic tests and tools, assesses performance and ensures company quality standards.
This position reports to the regional or certification manager of the Product Support Engineering team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out IC (TLA) or Product (PLA) certification on customer's model sample.
- Support customer on pre-certification, certification and self-certification, including test setup troubleshooting, Q&A and failed test results.
- Work with stakeholders on certification issue escalation and waiver process.
- In some instances, visit customer site to support certification training or pre-certification process.
- Understand clearly all product certification requirements based on Licensee Manual.
- Actively update product knowledge through provided training and self-study of internal materials.
- Works on problems of specific scope where analysis requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Understands and applies functional concepts, principles and practices.
- Takes initiative to identify and resolve problems
- Works on assigned projects and may rely on guidance from managers.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in audio engineering, electrical engineering, or related.
- 4+ years of experience working in a CE product industry, either IC, automotive, mobile or home AV.
- General knowledge in audio signal processing concepts.
- Experience in software or embedded systems testing, related to audio solutions.
- Experience using audio hardware capture/analysis tools (e.g. Audio Precision).
Other Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication and skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to travel to customer site.
Back to top