3D Rendering Senior Software Engineer – Imaging
Xperi is now looking to recruit a skilled 3D Rendering Software Architect to join our Computer-Vision Infrastructure team. The ideal candidate is expected to assume a technical leadership role in design, architecture and development of software related to image synthesis and processing. He/She will have a proven record of having worked on 3D tools and technologies including tools for creating 3D models of various objects, creating and modeling 3D environments, animating objects within 3D environments, lighting and high quality rendering of these environment and objects. In addition, the candidate is expected to demonstrate a structured and detail-oriented approach to their work and follow rigorous engineering approaches. The candidate will be self-motivated and focused, comfortable collaborating with geographically dispersed teams, passionate about 3D modeling and SW engineering, a team player, and eager to make a difference as a member of a motivated team.
The successful candidate will be part of the CV-Infrastructure team responsible for developing advanced 3D data acquisition and annotation system and tools, 3D modeling tools to simulate real-life scenarios and objects and generate realistic annotated 2D images, which are used to develop and test our imaging technologies.
- Build, as part of a team, rendering SW framework to produce annotated photo-realistic 2D video or still images from augmented 3D environments
- Develop an automated integrated SW toolchain to process 3D scenes and objects and generate high volume of images and videos along with metadata
- Act as a technical expert for 3D scene and object modeling, animation and rendering.
- Build a collection of 3D model assets for real-life environments and objects
- Create complex real-life 3D scenes by integrating 3D environments and 3D objects, advanced lighting, animations and other special effects
- BS in computer science, machine learning or mathematics
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and related 3D technologies (OpenGL, OpenCL, CUDA)
- 4+ years of experience with 3D modeling tools / SDKs, materials & texture design, animation, rigging and rendering
- Experience scripting / programming game engines to automate tasks
- Fast learner, able and driven to stay current with cutting edge of 3D modeling field
- Excellent mathematical skills, especially multi-dimensional geometry
- Great organizational and communication skills, proven team player
Would be a plus:
- Experience in leading teams
- Certifications in relevant software suites
- Familiarity with motion capture for animation
- MSc / PhD in computer science, mathematics, machine learning, animation or similar
- Experience or knowledge in computer vision and image processing (algorithms, image formats, digital camera architecture and functionality)
Back to top