Xometry is looking for a Senior level DevOps Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer who is excited about containers and container orchestration with Kubernetes, understands microservices, and has a passion for infrastructure as code. This person also has a passion for building tooling that makes it easier for others to build, deploy and scale their software in a cloud environment. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong leadership and technical skills.
What You'll Do
- Be the driving force behind agility, reliability, and security across the organization
- Automate all the things, always
- Build new tools and platforms when you see repeatable patterns across the team workflows
- Coach Software Engineering and Data Science teams on best practices and architectural decisions
- Own the security operations that protect our customer data while maintaining development velocity
- Obsess over feedback loops: build, measure, and improve
- Passion for resolving reliability issues and identifying strategies to mitigate repeat issues
- Passion for enabling the software engineering community to build faster with less friction
What We're Looking For
- Many years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps engineer in an eCommerce, API based, or B2C platform company. Said differently - this isn’t your first SRE rodeo
- Strong experience with AWS (preferred), Azure, Google cloud offerings
- Excellent understanding of Internet technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
- Strong experience in an application environment with API fundamentals (REST and GraphQL) as well as Docker, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, and Microservices
- A master of root cause analysis, especially of complex distributed systems
- Solid understanding of large-scale complex systems from a reliability perspective
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
What You'll Enjoy
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and company match
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Dog friendly office spaces
- Free coffee
- And more!
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 6,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.