The Production Control Coordinator will play a key role in the Operations organization by increasing assurances that all Xometry partners meet and maintain Total Quality, including delivery, part quality, adherence to standards and data integrity. Specifically, the individual in this position will be responsible for monitoring production schedules for risks and performing job follow up duties. This role also plays a key role in Partner success and Customer service, by assuring jobs are completed on time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the successful fulfilment of customer contractual requirements related to delivery and quality from partner delivered products and services.
- Monitor job status and perform early risk detection by monitoring issues triggered by the job tracking system.
- Proactively reach out to partners for updates per provided audit criteria, which may escalate to 100 % of placed orders from time to time
- Work continually to drive improvements to on time delivery.
- Escalate quality and manufacturing issues to Engineering and Quality departments.
- Assist Quality Engineers in the assessment of internal and external part rejection.
- Monitor and manage shipping methods to ensure on time delivery.
- Effectively communicate and interface with all key stakeholders, to include partners, customers, engineering, quality management, and supply chain.
- Provide excellent customer service by keeping customers updated on order status.
- Participate & support department-wide initiatives to simplify and automate complex processes.
- Other daily and back-up duties as assigned.
- Performs all work in compliance with Xometry's quality and safety systems, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Supply Chain, Technical or related field; 2 more years’ experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2 years of related experience. Manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of and/or education, skills, and experience associated with manufacturing processes, engineering drawings, mechanical inspection methods preferred.
- Customer Service experience desired.
- Ability to create and monitor production schedules.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Exhibit to be a self-starter, work independently, and drive actions to completion.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) + ability to manage up and to the side.
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 6,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.