In this hunter role, you will tap your superior skills in prospecting, problem solving and negotiation to proactively uncover customers’ unidentified needs and propose how Xometry Supplies can help enhance their company performance. You will call on C-Suite leadership, managers and directors by following a prescriptive sales methodology and strategically develop a pipeline of future business.
At Xometry we seek exceptionally driven, experienced strategic sales professionals to advance Xometry’s market position and financial growth with manufacturing and non-manufacturing customers while achieving individual growth target goals.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Identify, research, qualify, pursue, sign and transition targeted accounts.
- Develop value-based proposals and other content to communicate value, strengthen prospect-relationship and senior-level networks with customers.
- Apply your financial, market, and Xometry Supplies knowledge to sell semi-complex accounts, using account-planning and sales-enablement tools.
- Maintain a robust funnel capable of delivering incremental revenue at or above annual goals, including highly accurate and complete funnel analytics demonstrating a strategic ownership of business.
- Accurately manage all current pipeline content via Current CRM and other platforms for communicating business resource needs to the organization.
- Propose and secure new agreements by contacting the appropriate management and decision makers within the prospect organization and leveraging insight-selling concepts, tools and value-proposition content.
- Respond to Requests for Information and Proposal, negotiating pricing and terms of new account agreements to maximize revenue and profit and minimize risk.
- Develop and communicate newly signed account agreements to support implementation and ensure rapid, complete penetration and revenue growth of those agreements.
- Work with field and customer support leadership to meet customer needs, drive compliance to forecasted sales thresholds and clearly communicate and document customer service level expectations, addressing shortfalls as needed.
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude toward initiatives and programs that meet customer needs.
- Ensure optimum customer relations among existing customers and prospective customers
- Assess customer requests for products and make appropriate recommendations based on needs and applications
WHAT IT TAKES
- At least 2 years demonstrated track record of success in sales and marketing, including at least 2 years of experience in industrial/manufacturing/distributing sales
- Demonstrated business-acquisition sales success, negotiation, prospecting, relationship-building and closing skills and techniques, with a track record of meeting and exceeding agreed-upon sales plans
- Persuasive presentation abilities and a strong talent for writing clear proposals and reports
- Analytical aptitude, with the ability to make quick, calculated decisions and recommendations
- Personal drive and motivation, including competitive spirit, ability to overcome obstacles, strong sense of accountability, action orientation, flexibility and situational adaptability
- Capacity to manage conflict
- Attention to detail and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience
- Knowledge of online transactional sales and business, benefits and features
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
- Experience with value-based sales methodologies preferred
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 6,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.