Xometry, a rapidly growing leader bridging the manufacturing and technology space, is seeking a specialist in LEAN OPERATIONS to execute and manage operational excellence efforts. In this role, you will lead and drive change activities to implement best practice operational tools, mindset/thinking, and processes. You'll create a platform to drive optimization and continuously improve four core areas of quality, customer service, delivery, and cost, enabling Xometry to earn customer and partner loyalty.
Purpose of the role
This role is a key position within an expanded operations team for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across multiple functions. It will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology, and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- To identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking
- To work with key business stakeholders, and multi-functional stakeholders to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing programme of change
- To lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement-based workshops to drive ideas and solutions
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working
- To identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
- To assist in the development and implementation of a ‘best-in-class’ continuous improvement strategy
- To take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls
- To elicit requirements and drive process change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis
- To work with other team members and business services departments to devise new support material based on the revised processes, to include training, reporting and systems enhancements
- To actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance
- To ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times
- To complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects
You might be a fit if your background and experiences consist of:
- Minimum accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably Black Belt
- Minimum 5-7 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping
- Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead service improvement/’WorkOut’ sessions with a range of business stakeholders (incl. Experience of process/value stream mapping)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint A ‘completer-finisher’ taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success
- A good understanding of emerging technologies (AI, Analytics, Looker, Bots, etc.)
- Experience of designing or implementing a framework of continuous improvement in a multi departmental organization
- Experience of hands-on implementation of continuous improvement programs and Lean solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of Partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 6,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.