**SUMMER 2018 INTERNSHIP** Product Manager, Vendor Experience Intern
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT MANAGER, VENDOR EXPERIENCE INTERNSHIP ROLE:
XO Group is seeking a Product Manager Intern, Vendor Experience to assist in our efforts to build a market-leading Marketplace and tools for our local Vendors. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right person, as the Local Vendor Experience team works to build a new generation of tools for pros. In the same way AirBnB connects hosts with travelers and Etsy connects artisans with shoppers, the marketplace team is looking to better connect Wedding Pros with engaged couples. The team is using user-centric and lean product methodologies to uncover user pain, identify their jobs to be done and build a liquid, healthy marketplace.
The Product Manager Intern will report to the Director of Product, Vendor Experience, and will work closely with other product teams including UX/Design, Engineering, and Product Marketing. In addition, you will get exposure to our partners in Operations, Sales, and Marketing. Because our products touch millions of users per month, and moves the needle for tens of thousands of pros, the ideal candidate must be ready to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, and needs to be resourceful and well organized.
This is a paid internship opportunity. Applicants must be living in Austin, Texas to be considered.
- Analyze our data. You will have access to internal and external sources to analyze customer data, website metrics, and competitive insights to drive prioritization of the product backlog and future initiatives
- Conduct user research on products (or prototypes) and experiences through a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. interviews, usability tests, surveys etc)
- Assist with developing product requirements and user stories and work with engineering and user experience to deliver the product on time
- Partner with other teams (business, marketing, and operations) throughout the requirements, creative, build and implementation phases
- Learn product management from a best-in-class Product organization
- Learn about internal organizations that support product development
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate B.S. or B.A. degree required
- Enrolled and pursuing an MBA degree or equivalent (e.g. MSTC) encouraged
- Prior work experience or internships in software, ecommerce, product or consulting roles preferred. Those with finance, operations, customer service backgrounds are also encouraged to apply
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication, organization and presentation skills
- Preferred experience with popular analytics packages (such as Google Analytics or Mixpanel), agile project and software methodologies, usability testing, and/or qualitative research - Interest in product management and marketplace dynamics
See Inside the Office of XO Group
XO Group is a premier consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy, and everything in-between. Its flagship brand, The Knot, guides couples through the wedding planning process, while its newlywed brands, The Nest and The Bump, provide inspiration for everyone’s post-wedding adventures. Through its trusted voice, mobile-first applications, and powerful media channels, XO Group empowers couples to navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments.
Back to top